Excel Question

I believe this is something my excel instructor said was possible but its been to long.
How do I do the following in excel.
I have a chart with the cost of different items.
Example Item 123 $2, Item 234 $1 Item 456 $3 etc..

I have a seperate worksheet where currently I have to enter these item # in and then go look up the cost. I would like to find out how when I enter in Item 123 the $2 pops up because it populated from the other worksheet.

It is hard to explain and I am reading my Excel Bible but it's hard to find the answer without knowing the exact wording. I hope someone knows what I mean and knows the answer.
TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Technology

• Wow, I would love to understand more about excel.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I know a little about Excel but I'm having trouble understanding what you are asking.  It's hard I know trying to explain something like this over the Internet.  

I know when I was taking the classes I had to following step by step instruction from the book and if I missed a step it wouldn't give me the right answer.  And then I had to start all over again with took a deal deal of time to do but eventually I got it.  =]

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You should be able to specifiy the worksheet name and the cell number and letter in the formula on the second worksheet in the column where you want the price to auto show.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 12:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2011