If you get a tax refund - do you depend on it for

vital bills late? for example: Rent, Mortgage, Car Payment, Utilities?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Nope. It always goes into savings.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We use it for paying bills or getting some money in the bank for kids educational bills. Fun stuff! My hubs likes to use some of it for fun.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We usually do not get one..

For those who do.. Happy spending..happy saving... happy whatever you choose to do with it.. Enjoy it and use it in whatever way is best for you and yours....... :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I do not depend on it. You cannot depend on the IRS. I filed on last April 14, they lost it. I took them in a copy of it with their stamp on it. I had turned it into the local federal IRS office. They have still not responded. If it was me they would be down my throat, I just wait.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Nope, All my bills are up to date, I put at least a $1000 in savings. Put about $500 in my daughter's account. I will buy us some summer clothes and pay her preschool for the year.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No, not normally. It was always just a bonus to get credit card and other bills paid down. This year we have fallen behind in almost every bill (medical bills piling up from our last baby born in July, behind a month in utilities, behind a couple months on our car payment) because of a move that threw everything into chaos. We're not depending on the return (not even sure we will get money back) but it will help. We'll get it paid down we just can't seem to get ahead. hopefully this year we do get a nice return and can pay off the medical bills and catch up on the car payment and then we'll be good. Like I said, though, we're not depending on it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Not really. We use ours to pay off something that is close to being completely paid off...last year the car this year a student loan, we do a huge stock up and we sometimes pay life insurance so we dont have those monthly payments... and my fav part is we go to a really nice dinner
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 4:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Depend on it? No.
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 4:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We usually use it to catch up and pay extra on bills and usually use the rest for our summer vacation. But this year after the bill paying, it'll be going towards either a new rental or baby stuff. Depends on if we decide to move or not. Can't go to our usual vacation spot now that I'm pg!
    eeyorerdl

Answer by eeyorerdl at 4:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011