Do you believe that when a person dies they can look down at people

that are still alive and know what they are doing?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• They are not alive in our terms of alive.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I don't think they can :"look down" at people. I think their energy can reside around you...and on some level, they can "see" what you are doing.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• yes, i do believe so. i can feel the presence of my grandpa on very stressful days and in times when i dont know what to do. he was always such a wise man and knew exactly what to say. maybe im just delusional, but yes i believe they watch over us after they pass.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I like to think tht yep they do look do and can see what is going on! I so want to know that my dad and grandparents know my kids
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think their energy is still around, their body is gone therefore they dont have eyes like we do.

I think that energy can sense us, if you will, and will strengthen us and comfort us if needed.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• NO
    Anonymous

• yes!! not in e a creepy way but yes!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 4:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Me personally/my personal belief.

No. When one dies, they are reincarnated. There souls return for another turn on the wheel. The keep going through the cycles of death and rebirth until they become enlightened ( reached detachment, have righted all their wrongs, learned all they were supposed to learn, have done all that they needed to do, have broken all karmic ties to this world).. Once enlightenment is reached, upon death the soul ascends and becomes one with the One Universal Creator, one becomes part of the universe itself.

Since this is what I believe happens when death occurs. I do not envision people hanging out in some heavenly abode looking down on the rest of us watching how I live, watching what I do all hours of the day and night... That's actually a creepy thought to me.. LOL..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Idk if I believe that or not, but it wouldn't bother me.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No, I don't believe they can.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 5:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011