Anybody got their tubes tied after delivery?

I know that I don't want anymore after this one and was thinking of getting my tubes tied. I hada vaginal birth last time and hope to do the same again. How is the recovery for the tubal?

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 4:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• i had a csection and got my tubes cut and burned. it was the same amount of time to heal as it was for my csection
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 4:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had mine done a year after. I was pain free within 2 days, but I had cramps worse then what the tubal caused. I was tired for about a week, but other then that it was pretty easy :)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My mom had hers done and she said the recovery was very easy.

HOWEVER she HATES HATES HATES HATES HATES that she got it done. She was 100% without a shadow of a doubt sure she was done having kids. Then her and my dad got a divorce. She remarried and wants nothing more than to have another baby.

In fact out of the 7 people I know that have had their tubes tide I do not know a SINGLE person who doesn't regret it.

SO long story short...MAKE SURE IT'S WHAT YOU WANT!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had it done while I was in the hospital after delivering my son. I was sure then and am still sure 6 years later that I made the right decision. I was sore and a little uncomfortable, but it wasn't bad at all.
    CosmicPossum

Answer by CosmicPossum at 5:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had a c because I wanted that done. There was no extra recovery time than the normal c-section.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Mine was done after my last c-section so I have no idea how they do it after a regular delivery. Definitely make sure you are positive you are done. I have 5 kids and they were all c-sections so it was more a matter of my health than my wants (it was still my choice although my doctor strongly suggested I do it).
    Depending on your age they might not do it. My husband's niece was 20 and had just had her 2nd child and was SURE she didn't want more and demanded a tubal but everyone she talked to refused to do it unless she was over 25 or already had 3 kids. She was ticked but then a few years later she remarried and had another baby (she then got her tubes tied).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2011