Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When to file

so my babys daddy has no commuication with me or his son its been over a year since we heard from him and my husband wants to adopt him but im not sure what i need to do any help?


Asked by Mrs.Jolly at 4:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Adoption

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Yeah its running in the news paper now, once a week for 4 weeks and it was $98. The weird part is its running here but he's in Wa and they know that. Oh well. I have no contact info for the dad and haven't for about a year now, far I haven't had to try to find him to get papers signed. I'm thinking it might be considered abandoment. His rights will be terminated by the courts since he's obviously not interested.

    Answer by katyameliasmom at 8:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

  • Ok, I just filed for my hubby to adopt my daughter. Her biological dad hasn't been in the pic for 4 years. But anyway I don't know how different your situation is. All we had to do -after 4 years of struggling on what to do- is go to a law library (at the court house) print out step parent adaption papers, type them up and file. It was like $75 to file. There's other steps too but to make it easier I found all my answers at my local social services office. I'd try that it helped us and now we're finally almost done. Good luck!

    Answer by katyameliasmom at 9:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

  • ok did you have to run it in the new paper or have the dad sign anything?

    Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 8:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

  • I will ask my mom for you..My dad adopted me..My real dad booked lol..But i will be sure to ask her

    Answer by gracie43008 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

  • thank you i just want to get the worry of him off my mind you know

    Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 8:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2008