How can a lying cheaing husband expect his wife to forgive and forget?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• You can't she may forgive but I doubt she would ever forget. And it depends on if he was really sorry he did it or just sorry that he got caught. Still if my hubby did that and we decided to try to make it work it would be a long time before I trusted him again fully. More than likely he would have gotten kicked out.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• he shouldn't expect her to.. he should hope she will and give her time to try.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• All men do they never understand why the way we feel or choose to do and say the things we do forgiving is easier said then done!
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My personal thoughts..

He can't.. He can not expect his wife to just forgive and forget.

However. If he wants to rebuild his marriage with his wife. If he loves and wants to be with his wife. Then he needs to bust his ass to prove that he truly wants that second chance, and that he is worthy of a second chance. He must PROVE himself.He can not just say "hey I did it, it's over let's just move on now and live our lives". A marriage can not be reconciled much less completely rebuilt with that attitude. If a couple chooses to stay together after infidelity, the bottom line is this. The marriage has to be COMPLETELY & TOTALLY rebuilt from the ground up.The old relationship is dead, trust is broken, respect is gone. A new relationship must be built. That takes the dedication, desire, of BOTH partners.

Also. You will never forget. Memories will change with time, understanding, and acceptance. But you will never forget it happened
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• pixie trix, that was lovely
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Well you know the old saying, "Actions speak louder than words." I don't think you'll ever forget, but if you love him and truly want your marriage to work you'll try to forgive him. BUT, HE, has a lot of ass kissing to prove he is worthing of you forgiving him. It will take a LONG time to forgive a man for such a thing, and he needs to just realize that. Maybe ask him to wear your shoes for a day and ask how he's feels, then what? We all have rocky roads, and we all work things out if we are truly married to the one we want to spend the rest of our lives with, BUT, with that being said, I have never had to deal with that problem and don't envy any girl who does.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• He is SORRY, He got caught !!!

I have seen and known cheaters, they do not change- the just do better at not getting caught.
    GuardianAngels1

Answer by GuardianAngels1 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Because he may be viewing his cheating as a mistake and mistakes should be forgiven and forgotten. But what he fails to realize is, he hurts his wife in the process of him making a mistake...Therefore in his eyesight, she should get over it and continue with the marriage as if nothing ever happend. But if the tables were turned, he probably would've left her when he found out about it...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2011