Leg pain--neurologist?

This is an update from a previous post. I have been suffering from burning pain in my right leg for over a year now. Stretching, vitamins, and yoga did not help.

I had foot surgery in July that was supposed to fix the problem. No luck.

An xray last week showed minor arthritis in my lower back. I am 32 years old.

An MRI of my back done this week showed no herniated discs that could cause the problem.

My doctor now wants to refer me to a neurologist. She thinks it may be reflex sympathetic dystrophy.

Does anyone have experiences with similar pain and/or the frustration of not being able to get a diagnosis for well over a year?

sariejack

Asked by sariejack at 4:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• what was it that happened to your leg? sorry, missed your first post

there actually is a medical condition, which is what it sounds like to me, that has to do with the nerves. basically they don't turn off. there is a medicine you can take for it though.

Anonymous

• Nothing really happened to my leg, but I just started having this pain. My podiatrist thought it was caused by tarsal tunnel syndrome and did surgery. The pain went away for a month while I was on bed rest but came back when I started walking.
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 6:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2008