How do you get an intellagent 13 year old boy to stop goofing off at school and defying authority?

lovinmyangel81

Asked by lovinmyangel81 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in

• He maybe be just being 13 or he's very very bored! Talk to his teachers to see if they can challenge him more!!

momma2b2008

Answer by momma2b2008 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yeah I had an hour long meeting with one of them yesterday hope it helps!!!!
    lovinmyangel81

Comment by lovinmyangel81 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• seems like he might need to learn the hard way. Lesson's are the best way to learn...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• IDK, I have a 14 year old that is also intelligent and doesn't do his work. I have run out of ideas to get him motivated. I have taken everything away and instead of doing his homework, he went to sleep at 7pm!!! The only authority he ignores is me. It could be that your son is bored or just being teenager that needs to learn the hard way, like mine.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Don't know if homework is an issue too, but we had our son sign in his notebook what the homework assignment was or the words "no homework" and then the teachers signed it. That way I could monitor everyday what was expected. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Thanks all!!!! Yes tyfry7496 that is my son to a tee!!!! good luck with yours too!!!!
    lovinmyangel81

Comment by lovinmyangel81 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Good luck. I had one of those hard head boys. It was not easy then and It still the same now he is 19
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Bribe? I mean a point system... after all it is the teacher that seems to want certain behaviors right??? I suggest you have the teacher give you a daily report, and the kid must earn something, we did videogames... at the end of the week we'd hit up a Game Stop or Dimples and he got a new/used videogame... he screwed up... NADA
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• He'll be fine. I grew up with many intelligent guys who were silly in their early teens. They outgrow it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2011