How can you get toned while eating for two?

I was working out pretty heavy up until the beg. of Dec. I had alot going on. So now I am wanting to try and start it back up because I feel horrible and I can tell that I haven't worked out. In a month, it is amazing how you can flab up. And i just found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant so should be taking in more calories. I don't want to let it go because it will be very hard to get off after the baby! Any options?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My Mom and I used to go for walks, we'd even walk around the mall. Sometimes we'd go swimming at my friends pool.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 5:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I didn't take in many extra calories. Its just a myth that you are eating for two. If you are used to working out, then continue what you were doing.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• You should talk to your doctor, but generally if you dont have any health concerns you can stick to a low impact workout throughout your pregnancy as long as it is still comfortable and nothing comes up as a concern. Just keep it light, stay hydrated, and dont push your limits.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• keep it up just be careful. there obviously is many things your cant and shouldnt do while pregnant, and that early in pregnancy you dont want to risk a miscarraige. GL
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 5:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Well, you are not supposed to be "eating for two". In other words, do not eat more than you usually eat. If you eat for two...LOL...you will gain a ton of weight and be unhappy after you have your baby.Your baby will be healthy ....overeating will do nothing for the baby at all.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Right - talk to you physician - but I ran up to 6 months (at least 5 miles a week) and walked the rest of the term. I also did weight machines up to 6 months (lightened the weight), and took up yoga and exercise bands. And I agree...just because you're pregnant DOES NOT mean slack off on taking care of yourself - you are now responsible for another life!! Unless you have a condition, there's no reason for you to stop working out. Most physicians encourage light exercise for your health anyway.
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 8:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011