My first was an angel, scared the second will be a devil......

My 5 year old daughter has always been such a good baby and child. She slept through the night at 8 weeks, never went through the terribles 2's and 3's. She still takes a 2 hour nap everyday. She has just been a true angel. So we decided we didn't want anymore, my hubby thought why mess up a good thing because the next one, we will get double pay back. Is anyone lucky enough to get two good ones like this? I just always hear horror stories about the second child!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Thats usually how it goes but it doesnt have to mean it will. Just gotta wait and see lol GL!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• my first was the devil, second was slightly better, and the third was my angel (as far as sleeping through the night and behavior). maybe it was backwards for me?? lol i dont know. i think this kind of thing is just hit or miss and either your next child will have similar sleeping/behavior patterns of the first of totally different.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My second was the angel. From what I have heard the second child is usually better than the first. If that is the case, think how wonderful your next one would be.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My second was my "challenge"!! I always said God must have said "OK, she is only going to have two? I'll give her this guy to make her world interesting".!! He is the guy with the biggest heart I have ever seen and wouldn't know what I would do with out him now (31 years old) ;)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My first baby was an angel too. She did have some terrible 2s and 3s but nothing compared to my second bahaha. I thought for a long while I must have been a very bad person in a past life to have a screaming, colicky, nocturnal son. But as it turns out they just had different personalities and I loved them both the same way. Good luck though.

Answer by gemgem at 5:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My first is the devil. My youngest is the easiest, happiest kid I have ever met in my life. Man, you just never know.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My first was an exceptional baby.. going through the terrible twos now but most kids do.. I had my second 6 months ago and was sure he's be a little hellion (especially since there was an earthquake the day he was born... probably the reason I went into labor 4 weeks early....) so far he's also been an exceptional baby... I didn't think any baby could be better than my first but it turns out my second actually is! My first was a very content baby. Didn't cry even when he was a newborn.. whined a little when he needed something but thats it! My second, however, does cry but stops as soon as he gets what he wants (very easy to sooth) he's also what we describe as "screaming happy" because when he gets super excited he lets out this funny scream then coos. Even when he's sick he rarely cries.. he just wants to be cuddled a bit more. It's definitely possible to have 2 wonderful kids :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 5:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It's a crapshoot I'm telling ya...my first was an easygoing angel baby, and my second was pretty good. Not quite as easy, but still pretty darn good compared to a lot of babies. I decided to quit while I was ahead and not have any more, lol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011