I want to breast feed and bottle feed, so what would be the best formula to use?

Getting up every 2 hours to nurse the baby is really taking a toll on me. I had a c-section and need to rest but really cant getting up every 2 hours. So I was thinking about breast feeding during the day and bottle feeding at night so I only have to get up once or twice. Please help!

Rileysmommy22

Asked by Rileysmommy22 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Similac was what we used. We had to do the soy though cause dd couldnt tolerate the regular
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I used similac with my two daughters. I breastfeed mostly and is planning to do that with my third daughter once she get here.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had a csection too! It was so much easier to buy a bottle warmer with the build in cooling system. It was easier to have two bottles by my side and just pop them into the warmer.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We used Similac too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It depends...Similac you can get through WIC if you plan on doing wic.
    And I've used Similac & Emphamil and my DS spit up less with the Similac
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I did both. I used Enfamil. It doesn't matter though. The trick is to introduce the bottle right away. But believe me, it's much easier to nurse at night than get up and make a bottle. It's easiest to co-sleep. Just roll over and nurse.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• All formulas are basically the same. I would use a store brand generic formula. It's cheaper and just as good as the expensive stuff.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Actually, this is the easiest way to make a bottle at night - put the right amount of water in the bottle and keep by your bed. Put the pre-measured amount of formula in the top of the bottle. When ready, pour the powder in the water and shake. Instant bottle. No need to keep cold or warm up. It's room temp.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Why would bottlefeeding get you any more sleep? You actually have to get up and hold the bottle for baby instead of just rolling over and latching baby on. Contrary to popular belief, formula fed babies also wake up during the night.

Sleep with baby and stop watching the clock and it won't be so bad. It's never easy to have a frequent waking baby... but there are things you do to making easier and nursing and co-sleeping is at the TOP of the list.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 5:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Also, you will need to pump at night anyway... if you just stopped nursing at night cold turkey you will get painfully engorged and risk infection. So... pumping, making bottles, holding bottles, settling baby back into sleep, cleaning it all up... I just fail to see how that would get you more sleep.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 5:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011