My cousin told me something shocking about young women's weights nowadays

She said the new trend in young women is to be 100 pounds or less no matter how tall you are or what body shape you are.
I HAVE seen alot of females I mistakingly thought were 12 or 13 year old girls and they're over 21! I saw 2 buying beer at Walmart on Sunday.
I really don't understand why you'd strive to be a 0 or a 2 when its obviously not healthy.
Are they starving themselves in elementary school?
When did it become acceptable to be so thin you have no muscle on you? These girls have no breasts! They look like they're prepubescent!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Have you ever gone into an Abercrombie & Fitch store? Their Extra Large clothes fit my 82 pound 13 year old.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 5:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It all boils down to security. Women these days are becomming more & more insecure of themselves. Media has a lot to do with it, but good parenting always helps...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• "Never healthy to to be overweight causes too many health issues"

Only if you're TOO overweight. Lots of studies suggest that a little fat tissue is good, not bad. It only becomes unhealthy when it's excessive...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Often they are on drugs. It is so sad.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It became acceptable when the media made it that way. When parents tell their kids they are fat when they are normal weight or have yet to get rid of "Baby fat". Those girls will have long lasting health problems if they don't die because of the lack or nutrients their bodies need.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Remember Kate Moss??
    Before than Twiggy in the 60's!
    I wish I were heavier with bigger breasts...I'm naturally a size 5 and I wish I could gain a little more weight and put it where I want it of course!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• its all you see in the magazines and the media. if you aren;t a size 00 you r are not normal. i understand some women are small boned but the average american woman is a size 12-14. not sure if this will go down with the next generation or not but it is scary and unhealthy. woman should have curves and healthy physique. i will never ever call my daughter fat. no matter what.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• any store now a days is really bad about it. Ever been into a Buckle? There clothes sizes are measured in men sizes...how are you supposed to know what size you wear????
    jas2009

Answer by jas2009 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I am 5'7" and at 27 I passed for a 20 year old. I was always ID'd everywhere. My then friends and I were on a diet kick. I weighed 108 pounds. And a size 0 was not only too short on the legs for me, but also too loose on my waist and legs. I had to wear a belt.
    I now weigh 165 , I eventually left those friends behind.
    Now they would tell me how fat I am, but I feel healthier and my mind is more alert.
    I would like to lose weight again, but I would like to weigh 150; where my doctor told me I should be for my build and height.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 5:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Where are these girls hanging out? Most of the teens I see around here are flabbier than I am and sporting muffin tops overflowing the tops of their two-sizes-too-small jeans!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2011