Are men the homewreckers???

Why do we hear of so many stories about woman cheating with a married man and labled a homewrecker; Yet you never hear of men cheating with married women and being called the same? Why are woman always to blame?? lol Its crazy! The woman is looked down on for cheating on her husband and also looked down for cheating with someones husband. Im sure that this doesnt go for everyone but def seems to be the basic double standard. But why??

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Why are "the other women" seen as homewreckers while the men get off Scot-free?

Anybody remember the Bible? Eve led Adam astray, right? That's where this idea comes from.

It's still a steaming load of horse pucky...

Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• People shouldn't cheat. If they aren't happy in their marriage, they should do something about it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 5:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• but men lie. i think most women i hope wont go for married men if they know they are married. it very easy to slip off the ring. men lie more then women about being separted or divorced and i am sure women do too but its whomever did the cheated who is marred that is the homewrecker not the person he cheated with. when you take marriage vows its something that is locked in and that you break if you cheat. that is my opinion.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My personal thoughts.

1) The one who is married/in a committed relationship is the home wrecker.The one and only. They are wrecking their home/family, they are making the choice to do so knowing full and well that is what they are doing. No one else is responsible for their choice.
    2) Why women are always in the wrong, regardless of which side of the coin they are on. I really don't "know" but I have some thoughts. Women are seen as the one who "made" the man have sex with them. Some how, they can make a man be unfaithful, yet can't make them stay faithful. For some reason another woman can make a man cheat, but his wife can't make him be faithful. Pretty perplexing I think it's easier for some to see the woman in the wrong. Thinking that way, is sure a lot easier and more comforting than the slap in the face reality of: My husband CHOSE to hurt me, destroy my heart knowing full well that's what he's doing.

Cont..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Because it's always been more "fashionable" for men to be seen as; players, mack-daddys, baby daddys, et cet...
    It's always been known that men have to spread their seed and multiply.
    That's NOT my personal or accepted view point but that's the one that is normally cultivated.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think the cheating men are home wreckers because they could of tried working it out with their wives instead of screwing the latest Tramp. Yes we all blame the other woman and yes she should be blamed also especially if she knows he's married
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Any person who cheats is a homewrecker the other person is a loser tool and mean nothing. Had it not been them it would have been someone else. I never understood why people gave power to a piece of trash who's only special talent is hooking up with a loser who cheats on their spouse.

Anonymous

• I just consider them male whores

Answer by gemgem at 5:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Perfect example MomsAngels. We call them tramps but what do we call them men that do the same?
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Man Whores is what I call them
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2011