Okay, let me rephrase ... When should I call?

Ok, I went on an Interview Tuesday afternoon at a Doctors office. The manager I met with said he liked my good work ethics, and that I'm not just looking for a job, but for a career. He asked me to come back Wednesday (today) to ''try'' the position out, JUST to see if I could handle the responsibilities/duties of the position I applied for. There was also another girl there for the same thing. NO I didn't get hired, NO I didn't get paid for the 2 hours I was there (i'm guessing I will if I get hired) The girl that was showing me the duties of the position went on lunch, so then I could leave as well to go home. The managers asst., then asked me if I had any questions, if I liked the position and duties that come along with it, and she said she would keep in touch. When do I (or should I even) Call to see if the position has been filled so i'm not just waiting? I think I did an excellent job, and they liked me, but i'm not for sure.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Did you send a thank you note? If not send one ASAP! It's a good business practice! Secondly, if you don;t get the job, keep in mind the time to ask "when they expect to make a decision as you need to let your current employer know/need to make child-care arrangements" (or similar excuse, even if it's not true!) is DURING the interview (one of the last questions you ask). This lets the interviewer know you are serious about the position, and it gives you a bit of the "upper hand" by indicating you may be snatched up by another company, and/or you are not going to wait around if you don't hear from them! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would call by the end of the week, just to touch base with the manager.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• If you dont hear by Friday I would call

Answer by gemgem at 5:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i say friday. if they had only two of you trying it out there is good chance you got it. i would call friday. but i have no idea. i hope there are more responses to this question. its a tough one. i will bump ya.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'm not sure if there was more people that came in to try, but there as one other person same day as me. Thanks rose!!!! I appreciate it, i'm so nervous, i really need a job.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Friday. Good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I agree with everyone else. If you haven't heard anything by Friday you could call. My fingers are crossed for you.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• lori - I just sent a thank you note VIA email. Wow I never even heard of sending a thank you note...... =( where have i been? lol well i never really had a professional job except one and that was through a temp. agency. THANKS LADIES!!!! *fingers crossed*
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'd go with Friday as well. Gives them two days to make their decision.
    JennyJenny529

Answer by JennyJenny529 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I agree with everyone on Friday :) Best of luck to you!! Fingers crossed!
    Hickette71

Answer by Hickette71 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2011