Daughter's friend starts "FIRE" in a field, leaves the scene to let the other kids put it out as it spreads? Do I report the boy?

The boy DENIED all & the other kids at the scene admitted that this 13year old boy started the fire & then walked away. If it wasn't for my 10yr old son & the other boy there putting it out w/their jackets-lives, property & homes could have gone up in smoke! Is this lesson enough for the kids to not play w/fire, how friends can turn on you, lie & blame you or do i report this kid. How about my son who was brave... if we report nothing?

GlitzyGlo

Asked by GlitzyGlo at 4:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I think you should report him. It's probably enough of a lesson for all the rest of them, but who knows if it was enough of a lesson for him, I wouldn't take the chance.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 4:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I don't think the boy who did it learned anything because there was no conseuence. Cudos to your son and the other child. I would turn him into someone.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yes report it. Otherwise he definitely will do it again. Thank goodness your boy wasn't hurt badly trying to put it out. Report it.
    Anonymous

• Do you seriously not know the answer to this question?
    Anonymous

• i do know the answer... but my husbands concern with a person like this is, he may come back & possibly do more damage & actually hurt the family. If a kid can lie directly to your face, in front of EVERY1 that knows the truth... you wonder what's wrong w/them & what they're capable of. Your answers are to try & convince my husband that my decision to report this boy is a good choice, but how that choice affects our family & my daughter who has to deal with this bully daily is important too.
    GlitzyGlo

Answer by GlitzyGlo at 6:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I will tell you how to deal with a bully that is 13. Report him. Otherwise you are teaching your daughter to be afraid of a bully and doing nothing about it because you are too afraid. She needs to know that a bully is not to be feared and not reported but brought to the attention of adults who will do the right thing. It is that simple. This won't be the last time she witnesses a bully and you don't want the next time to be when she doesn't bother to tell you.
    Anonymous

• Call your local fire dept and ask for the "Juvenile Firesetters Program" they will scare him and see if he needs any kind of counseling.
    njt320

Answer by njt320 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• report him...report him...report him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Call his mom. It takes a entire village to raise a child. The police will do nothing for something that may have caused damage.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I would squeal like a stuck pig! That is nothing to mess around with. People could have been killed. Stop him now before he hurts someone!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2008