Has anyone had a 2nd child sucessfully after having a placental abruption the 1st time??

I had a placental abruption in my 1st pregnancy 3 yrs ago. My daughter was born 3 wks early. She came out fine w/ no problems...Thankfully! I was browsing google the other day just to understand what may have caused that. I noticed not very many women have kids again! I didn't realize how serious it was! I thought it was something that healed & went away! I'm just wondering if anyone has tried again & everything came out ok!??

missladyluv

Asked by missladyluv at 5:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I haven't personally, but I used to know someone who went full term with her first, only to have the child die because of a placental abruption. She had a healthy baby a few years later though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had a small placental abruption with my middle child, but not with my first or my third.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My girlfriend has. Her daughter just turned two, and her son was born perfectly about 3 months ago. She was on bed rest, I think starting at month 4. She said it was horrible and uncomfortable, but whatever it took to get the baby here.
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 7:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had a placental abruption with my first child and we were fine. I was a little anemic after the delivery and I had been bleeding alot while in labor but the baby was great. I had two more children and there were no problems. I wouldn't worry. An abruption is not very common and they will watch you for high blood pressure,etc. all the way through your pregnancy if you want to try again. So many people are irrationally afraid...there is no reason to be afraid. I am telling you from experience!!! Good luck.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Thx ladies...much appreciated!

@ Kerp 1960-Thx for commenting! That gives me hope! I was going to my Dr. but I wanted to hear from other women &their experiences! =D
    missladyluv

Comment by missladyluv (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2011