I got my membrane swiped 2 days ago and i am currently 40 weeks and 2 days and i am still bleeding is that normal?

yuliana91

Asked by yuliana91 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It was for me
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It can be normal to bleed, but you could also be bleeding if you are dilated. I would make a call to your doctor & get yourself checked.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Some spotting is normal after that. If youre concerned call the doctor and get checked out.

Answer by gemgem at 6:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• are severe contractions that are not allowing me to walk and the contractions are sometimes worse when i go to the bathroom to pee normal?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• OP, it sounds like you may be in labor. I would definitely get to a hospital and get checked out. My labor with my last child started with very irregular, but painful contractions. My husband finally talked me into going to the hospital & I was already 6-7 cms dilated!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• GIRL It's time to go to the hospital! WHY HAVE THEY INDUCED YOU? I'd be very worried you needa go on in!
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 6:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• the thing is that i stop having strong contactions but the bleeding is still going on. this morning i was keeping count of how far apart they were and they were 7 min apart but now i havent had one in quite some time since i woke up from my nap since i had not slept all night.
    yuliana91

Comment by yuliana91 (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It could still be like xxlilmomma09 said you should go in! you are way too far along to be losing it now hang in theremiss lady.Is baby moving ok?
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 6:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• yes he moves a lot. when he moves though he becomes a big ball on the side of my stomach.
    yuliana91

Comment by yuliana91 (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Well thats good! Have you called dr yet? Girl I'm only 8wks today ,but i can feel every bit of what your going through!
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 6:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011