Everyone is going to get mad but how early will a pregnancy test detect hcg levels. Opinions and/or experience with taking test early please!

I just need to take this as soon as possible. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The earliest I would even try is 14 days past ovulation. Otherwise you might get a super super faint positive and worry yourself silly. At 14 DPO you should get a clear reading if you use First Respone Early REsponse. Good Luck either way you are hoping.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Each women's body will make the HCG hormone at different rates. what day I get a + HPT might not be the same day you will.
    The tests are able to detect levels at 25 HCG which should be about 3-5 days after implantation. Implantation usually takes 9 - 11 days from Ovulation.
    All this adds up to about 11-14 days after ovulation or on the first day of your missed period.
    Again, this is all pure guess work. No one knows how much HCG hormone your body will make or how fast. Therefore we cannot tell you the answer you want to hear.
    If you THINK you are pregnant and your period is due, Test.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• At two weeks past conception,which is when you'd miss a period! you're not going to get a positive before that time unless you ovulate a week after your period ends

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• First response didn't tell me I was pregnant the day before my period when I actually needed to know for medical reasons, but a cheap dollar store test did.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I found out I was preg 3 days before a missed period. So they are pretty sensative. You will not get a false positive unless you actually are or were pregnant. The only way that second pink little like will show is if you have that HCG hormone in your urine. Which is only produced when that egg implants. This has happened to me before and it ended in a period so I would say they are sensitive!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 6:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I found out I was pregnant at 3 days before missed period and now I have a 6 month old baby girl.
    staciepi

• usually up to 6 days. although i've taken 3 tests in the past week (should have started a few days ago) and they all came back with different answers... so i'd suggest just getting a blood test.
    Brooke1007

Answer by Brooke1007 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2011