Annoying "sick" Dh.

So everytime I am sick or not feeling good, Dh starts complaining about how sick he is, even though he was just fine. Honestly its getting really old, cause its obviousl he is fine. Its like hes trying to one up me.
Don't get me wrong hes great when I'm sick but everytime I say i don't feel good he almost always comes back with something too.
Any other Dh do this? Why do you think he does? (BTW he gets plenty of attention, )

gulfcoastmom4

Asked by gulfcoastmom4 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Because men are just big friggen babies. Most of the time their mothers made them that way!!
    Anonymous

• He gets plenty of attention and does not want to let you have any. He is an attention thief. Pretty selfish isn't it?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Sounds like my man...i don't have "time to be sick", i still have to do my daily biz (like to day ) with awful sinus pressure and my horrible lower back pain (PMS)...i don't get any pitty....unless i'm really down sick....
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 6:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• He doesnt get sick when I do, but when he has just a little belly ache, he plays it up to be a lot worse than it really is! One time he said he couldn't get off the couch and he couldn't come help me go pick up something because he was sick.....a few days later, he said he was fine to go out, he just didn't want to. I was pretty mad lol
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• WE JUST HAD THIS FIGHT!!! Came home sniffling so I told him to take some Dayquil and he was arguing that he didn't need to take anything so he'd be fine. I reminded him that HE has taken more sick days than I have, and all of mine are due to the kids! Tried telling me it must be nice to work inside all day when he has a "physically challenging" job...good thing I wasn't cooking dinner or he'd be "lost" right now!!! I agree with the first responder: BIG FRIGGIN' BABY - thanks MIL!!!
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 7:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• lol. my DH is always doing something similar. i am the main caretaker of our children I am tired all the time because i do the cooking the cleaning the baths the routines take care of the apts and so on. normally without help from my dh. and when i say on a rare occassion... "im so tired i just need a nap watch the kids for awhile." he says "I cant i have a headache", or "i feel like im gonna puke." ughh is it wrong of me to want to throw some hard heavy metal object because i know hes only trying to get outta doing me such a small favor lol. my dh actually left work early mon night with the sole intent of watching a football game. he lied to his supervisor claimed he was sick. really he just wanted to see the game.
    MommaSammie

Answer by MommaSammie at 8:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011