Would you marry someone solely based on how good they are in the bed?

So what if you met someone & you loved them but they are not good at all in the bedroom? I hear women saying you should test drive the car before you buy. And think that if you are a virgin you should know if they are any good in the sac before you marry. Seriously last i remembered marriage isn't supposed to be based on sex. And even if they aren't great there is plenty of time to learn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• i have read the same thing and it makes me sick. i mean how many test drives with guys do you take before you find the one that is great in bed and is a great provider and a great father. i mean what are you going to do just marry them on the great sex alone. seriously there is no perfect man out there and sometimes you have to give up some things. sex you can improve on but him being a jerk you can't. i think that is said by girls who are sluts. i mean you can tell if he is going to be a good husband by not having sex with him and so having sex with him before you marry him to (test drive) how good he is just dumb. him being good in bed should not equel marriage material. it's just an added bonus and if your both virgins then you don't know any better anyway and you both work on it. although i doubt there are few if any virgins left in this world.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Sex in marriage is not all there is but it is a pretty big part that makes the difference between a lasting one or not. Marriage should not be based on how good they are in the sack, but it sure helps to solidify a relationship.

Answer by older at 6:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My hubby is pretty horrible in bed...I say I have great sex because it is just usually all me doing what I want because he doesnt know what to do..you would think in the 5 years he would have come up with something...SEX is not everything BUT it does play a BIG part of any relationship...now it is just a bunch of frustration and I dont even want him near me anymore.
    Anonymous

• Well you dont base it solely on sex but if I was married to someone who didn't satisfy me sexually or even attempt to learn. I know I would be frustrated but that wouldn't be a reason to end the marriage. When I was first with my husband I was impressed by his equipment. But I was not overly impressed with his skills. Now I can say I know no one can satisfy me better, not even myself. One of the things that connects us so well is that we have wonderful sexual chemistry. Yes we are best friends and we have many other things in common. But if I wasn't happy sexually I know I would not be happy overall. We might try and make up for it in other areas but eventually that frustration will come out. People who wait til marriage have to learn each other. Even those who don't have to do the same. I didnt marry my hubby because of how he was in bed but it sure did help nudge me in the right direction.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No,not sex alone

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I was with someone for ten years and there was no sex and it was awful. So maybe not that alone but it would be part of it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• well those are very short sighted women if they are basing marriage on sex. What happens when we age and can no longer have sex... do you divorce? What if there is an illness or accident that makes sex impossible... do you divorce? I might add shallow and self centered as well as short sighted if they would marry for sex only.

Anonymous

• no
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 6:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I read somewhere that when the sex in a relationship is good, it makes up about 10% of the relationship. But when it is bad, it makes up about 85% of the relationship. From my experience that is pretty spot on.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 6:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Nope. I also wouldn't divorce or not marry a guy for not being good in bed. If he's a loving, generous man then those things can be taught!

Answer by missanc at 7:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2011