Would you take 10 to 12 Hour Shifts?

I may possibly be offered a job. It pays more then my current job. But the hours are either 4 days a week at 10 hour days OR 3 days a week at 12 hour days. This would leave me free for more days a week to spend with the kids. But would also leave me tired for the days I work.
What do you think? Would you take a job with these hours? If so how much would you expect to get paid?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• i would do it... what is a few more hours and and extra day off.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 7:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Take them. I am a single mother desparate to find a job and I would take them if offered.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I work 3 12 hour shifts and love them, I work 7p to 7a so when I am sleeping the kids are in school.. I have no clue how much you should get paid tho.. I don't know what you would be doing...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I love 12hr shifts. If you aren't used to working them the first couple of weeks will be rough by the end of your day. But once you get used to them a 12hr day won't seem any different than an 8hr day. I used to work 12hr days at my old job and I foolishy left that job for one that was 8hr days 5 days a week. I miss having my 4 days off a week. And another benefit to 12 hr days is you can streches of time off without having to use vacation time.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Most hospital jobs in my area are 12 hr shifts. They all seem to love it because it gives them so many days off! Yes, I would take that over 5 8 hrs any day!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Go For it my dh works hrs. like this and everything is great you'll just have to get use to that schedule. GL If the pay is good that's a plus but if you are not happy with what you'll be doing then that is up to you...either way you'll have to work but probably for less pay. I would take the job. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would rather work 3, 12 hour days. Having 4 days off to get errands and such done, is plenty of time! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I love 12hr shifts! I was doing that but got offered a job for more money but i don'teven work 40 hours but stilled get paid for 40 hours....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would go with 4 days for 10 hours. It's more hours, and in my opinion it's more bearable. I LOVE the three day weekends too.

I think your pay will probably depend on what kind of job you have.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would probably do the 10 hr. shift. I've done 12 and it's tiring. As far as pay, it depends on the job.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011