Have you thrown your own baby shower? If so how did you do that?

lmorga006

Asked by lmorga006 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, but I would imagine it would be like throwing your own birthday party, right? It's just you instead of someone else. lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• well I just thought of the themme I wanted and started getting the party goods. and then I wrote down a list of the people that I was inviting then i made a list the food I was having. It was little sausage winnies with bar b que sauce, and a crock pot with nacho cheese , and little chicken sandwiches that I made , and two platters of veggies and nacho chips, and other chip for the sandwiches. cookies cake punch. I even did my own center peices and my own games. It was really fun my baby is now 1yr and 5 month I made my own cuz that was my 6th child and my last and I wanted it to be perfect cuz the other baby showers were made by other family members.
    aida1212

Answer by aida1212 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• no but because of my work schedule i was in on all the information basically for one of them. i had a second one and that one i knew the date too but it was so much fun. both of them.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i am about to do one with my moms help. didnt have one for my first... something got confused and i was tired. now for my second i will have one and i am going to mix it in with my first childs birthday because they are both born in january... i wish you luck and you wish me luck haha
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 7:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I wouldnt but knowing ppl want to have one for me.. it makes it hard to see who will throw one ... thats my issue. I know 2 different ppl want to .. but I wanted it to be a surprise.. oh well
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 7:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My kids are now going to be 3 and they were my 1st baby shower. We spoke a ton about it but my mother and god mother sis everything, except pick the theme. Since I was having twins it was noahs ark. Their father and I went to the park and my god mother took pictures making thank you picture cards that went around on tables and in the game gift sets. My god mother got alot of ideas from party city and some sites she goggled. Now my family doesnt do that women only shower so we made games for guys couples and just women. We even rented a bounce house for the kids to keep busy. Some games we used the kids to make thing more realistic.
    Knowing how many people you'll be expecting is key and so is the theme, once you have that everything else comes together.
    JayJanine

Answer by JayJanine at 7:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No nor would I....tacky!!
    Anonymous

• Yes I did for my 2nd baby, we did it co-ed we did a BBQ and invited friends and family no games just hanging out eating and drinking, I think every baby deserves to be celebrated and if you have to throw the party so be it and screw the people who think it is tacky
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Well in my case my mom is throwing it for me but i am helping her with decorations, ideas,and i'm getting my own cake, and i've gotten a few prizes and plates n napkins. she's covered and paid the rest and it'll be at her house. I don't see anything bad with planning your own shower or getting involved or helping a bit. Although it is nice to have someone else plan and pay for everything! =)
    NewMom3-4-2011

Answer by NewMom3-4-2011 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011