What's with the "popular cafe mom" questions?

Im curious..im new to this...but I've seen several posts today asking how to become a popular cafe mom, and questions about cafe moms...What is a popular cafe mom supposed to be? Is that like someone who posts alot? And why do you want to become one??? Just curious...I was thinking this was just like a website where you exchange info about daily things that usually include our kiddos, spouses, etc.....:)

raegan1221

Asked by raegan1221 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Good question... honestly I've been here since 2006 and lots of what they do is silliness in my eyes.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We want to be popular? Hum? OK?
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 7:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I love the little thing on the side telling me how many questions to ask, how many to answer and how many to bump up, ect. I ask questions that I generally want an answer to!! Not because I need those 2 more questions :)
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Where did you see these posts? In the Answers section? Because sadly, I've been in Answers almost all day (we're snowed in, darn it!) and I haven't seen a single thing like that.
    Did you perhaps see them in the journals section, where people were asking to vote their journals as popular?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• The "Popular ones" don't always have the best answers but they can tell you how to run your lufe if you don't know how.
    Anonymous

• OH I HOPE THIS DOSENT GET LIKE FACEBOOK THATS....... RIDONKCULOUS!!!!!!!!
    bmtmom01

Answer by bmtmom01 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• haha okay, i just hit home and it had some like that...i dont mean anything by asking..i was honestly just curious. still trying to figure out this whole thing, and i agree..i hope it isnt like facebook..i could do without that.
    raegan1221

Comment by raegan1221 (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Welcome to Cafemom.
    Anonymous

• There is an ongoing post in NC about popular CM members. It gets updated occasionally. It originally was about the members of that group that immediately come to mind, but it has evolved into something else entirely and even spawned a group. Every now and then it gets charmed back into the around cafemom section. It's nothing really all the serious though.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Ooh okay that explains a little more, Liansmommie..thanks. Interesting.
    raegan1221

Comment by raegan1221 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2011