Stopped breast feeding months ago

I stopped breast feeding about 6 months ago and sometimes I still have a little bit of milk come out when I take my bra off to take a shower. This was my second time breast feeding. My first time breast feeding was 12 years ago so I don't remember much I want to know if their is anything I can do or take to get rid of the last bit. I have tried the cabbage and it helped but did not dry up just reduced the amount of milk.Please help I am tired of it.

VegasCaliMom

Asked by VegasCaliMom at 7:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hon.. I'm sorry. I don't have any advice for you. This last time (baby #4) took 2 years before I was completely dried up!
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yeah, that's not fun. My SILs didn't bf and they got a shot from their doctor to help with their issues. Can you call an advice line? (Sorry, I know, not too much help.)
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 7:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i would leak a little bit every now and then for about a year....i would say just wait. i think it will slowly go away. you could also ask your gyn the next time you go in for a pap if it is still an issue then
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Take an antihistimine, like benadryle, its supposed to dry up bodily fluids and that's all breastmilk is.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I have done the benadryl and it did not do anything that was what wic told me and I asked about the shot but the shot is only for women that don't want to breast feed and the Dr I say she never even heard of the shot but I know their is one because I was asked when I had my baby silly Dr. Well thanks ladies I guess I just need to be patient
    VegasCaliMom

Comment by VegasCaliMom (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2011