Cramping at 17 weeks

So I'm pretty sure its normal, but its too late to call my dr. and before I spazz out and bother the on call nurse I figured I'd ask for opinions. I woke up fine this morning, went about my normal routine. I was in the process of making lunch for DS when I stood up and was overcome with an excruciating pain. It was concentrated on just my left abdomen so I figured I pulled something and lied down. For 2 hours it hurt so bad I couldn't walk, however with the aid of a heating pad it did get better. That being said its now been 7 hours since the onset and I'm still cramping in that one spot. There's no bleeding or spotting of any kind, and no other pain anywhere. That specific spot is tender if I push on it. So what are your opinions, pulled muscle and call the doc in the AM if it still hurts, or more serious and call the on call. I'd go straight to the on call but the one downside to my doc.'s office is the on call nurse rarely actually calls you back, and when she does the answer is always go to the ER, which seems unnecessary to me. What do you ladies think?

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• someone else just asked this--i went to e.r. for same thing recently, im 22 weeks, and they said it was round ligament pain which is the uterus stretching itself to the max. doc says it is most common between weeks 14 and 22 but can really happen anytime and it is totally normal and common. you should definatly let your doc know but thats what it sounds like to me. i always thought there was no pain in pregnancy until labor.....boy was i wrong! doc recommended pulling my knee up as far as was comfy to alleviate pain and a warm bath or hot water bottle. good luck mama!
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Well, I think u should DEF call ur doc in the AM (first thing), you've already waited all day, and as long as there is no bleeding you might as well wait till AM. I'm sure it's nothing, but better to be safe than sorry! But ALWAYS call ur doc, when in ANY doubt, ur baby is most important!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 8:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yes, call the doctor in the A.M....it sounds a little more than round ligament pain to me, but I wouldn't worry too much until you talk to your doc.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 10:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would call the dr first thing in the morning. Did you know that with each pregnancy that you have you cramp more painfully? Sucks I know
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2011