Gum is bruised

My gum in between my teeth is very bruised looking.It is making my teeth and head hurt.I brush my teeth 8-10 times a day b/c of OCD.I brush that area the most.Could it be that I brushed it too hard or often?Can the brusing be whats causing the pain in my head and teeth.My dh looked at it and said it doesnt look like anything but a bruise.

Thanks.I figured it was from the nerves and thats why all the pain.My gums on the bottom hurt too.I know I need help for my OCD but I was trying to control it myself.I am under so much stress right now and its the only thing that helps.I have OCD with other things as well.Thanks for the advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Health

• yes- You are brushing too much and too hard it sounds like. Can you chew gum instead?
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 8:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• yes, it sounds like it is damaged from you brushing too much. if you don't stop aggrivating it so much it could develop into a sore and they really hurt. maybe you should talk to someone about your ocd and learn how to manage it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No wonder they are bruised, 8 to 10 times! that is over the top, stop doing this and it will give it time to heal.

Answer by older at 8:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2011