Did you hear that the WBC agreed to stay away from the funeral...

of the small child killed in the Arizona shooting in exchange for media time? They are, however, planning to protest at the funeral of an adult victim (a judge, I believe). Arizona just passed a law against protesting at or near a funeral (sorry, I don't have a link at this moment).

I think we can all agree that this group is despicable. They claim that God is unhappy with the U.S. because we "tolerate homosexuality". Exactly what do they want us to do - lynchings? Beheadings? Sane people just have intelligent discussions and vote, whether they are for or against a given issue. I think these people are just plain crazy.

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 8:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I live here in Tucson, and we are arranging a human barricade to keep WBC out. Just like that town in Missouri...we will show them they aren't welcome here, and will not be tolerated. We will not bring signs, and we will not yell at them. We are just going to wear angel wings and maybe sing... that's it. Families shouldn't have to put up with them and their hatred.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 8:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• whackjob attention whores, that's all they are. utter wastes of space.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Great ... the media is going to feed the attention whores. If they would STOP, WBC would eventually fade into the same little backwards church it used to be.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think that going to the funerals should be considered harassment. It shouldn't be considered free speech when they're intending to emotionally harm the victims when they've been asked not to.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I spoke FACT about them.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• those people make me literally sick to my stomach

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yes but we made a deal with the devil pretty much. They are getting air time to stay away from her funeral. Now they will be on TV screaming their hatred and rants.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Seriously, do they not realize they're a joke? WHO in their right mind would agree with them? They sicken me.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• There was no need for them to go. The 'angels' were going to be their with their wings and singing so they couldn't be seen or heard. I think an effective strategy has been found out to keep them away. They don't like it if there is another "show in town".
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• That is great to hear I wish some people would realize that freedom of speech should not take place at funernals.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 11:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011