dealing with the loss of my best friend?

Ok I lost my dad March 3, 2010 and about a month and on fathers day me and my fiance found out I was pregnant. Well my dad was my best friend and he taught me everthing from hunting and fishing to workin the pastures and fixing fences and it has been hard to deal with it going through this pregnancy knowing my little girl will never see her grandpa untill its her time. Is there any way to come with this better then what I am? I'm always going to and passing by his grave (t miles from my house) and blaming myself for things I didn't do with him. Whatg can I do?

KateHicks

Asked by KateHicks at 8:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh mama, don't despair, how do you know your daddy isn't holding your little babies spirit right now, on the other side of the veil? Greif and loss are the hardest things in the world to deal with; it gets easier in time, but that doesn't make it easier right now. I suggest you reach out for help b/c so quickly we can be sucked into depression. You can honor your father with his memory, and keeping it alive and teaching your children everything he taught you. Hope it gets better for you, and I think it will once you get to hold your precious baby, know that your dad is there with you always, in spirit. HUGS!!!!!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I can't imagine going through what you are right now. Having never been there all I can say is tha tI know i don't understand but I do empathize. Perhaps the best thing for you to take from this is how important it is to spend time with yoru little one while she is growing up. To take advantage of those moments when life is moving too quickly and you need a break and just rejoice in your child instead of trying to get away (trust me, those days will happen). And you can encourage a beautiful relationship between your baby girl and her daddy because you will know the true importance of that bond.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 2:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011