potty training advice and tips for a 3 year old girl and 2 year old boy

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We tried everything in the book! EVERYONE had an opinion about how to train him. Literally the day after we threw up our hands and said, "We're done. He'll get it when he gets it.", he woke up and said "I don't like pull-ups. Can I wear big boy undies?" and he had zero accident that day. He's had a handful of accidents in the past year, but we didn't really "train" him at all.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 9:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We tried at 2 years but my daughter did get it, so I waited 6 months. At that time she was ready. It took a week. We did away with pants, pull ups, and diapers and just let her go bare bottom. Our house was stocked up with groceries so we stayed home the whole time. I let her drink water or juice as much as she wanted which made more bathroom trips. The first few days I set a timer for every 20 minutes and took her to go sit on the potty for 3 minutes even if she didn't need too. Then I moved to an hour. The first few days were so tough. I wanted to give up...but we stuck it out.. Around day five she started peeing in the potty! I had books by the potty that I sat down and read. I would turn the water on in the sink to help her potty. Make a potty treat jar with m&ms. Or stickers, stamps etc. Give a reward the first few days for sitting on the potty...then rewards for using the potty!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Did not get it**^
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2011