potty train

im trying to potty train my 2 year old and in the begain he would pop on the toilet but still has never peed. then two days ago i really started taking him ever hour or so and he just cries and wants off. any help.

Cheesecake08

Asked by Cheesecake08 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First I would back off a little, don't force him. When my kids were this age we did this. We took them shopping for underwear and stickers. Then I put a calendar up in the bathroom. Everytime they would go they got to put sticker on the calendar. after "X" amount of stickers they got a special treat like going for ice cream or having their favorite dinner.

I would also put some books in the bath room so he has something to look at. I think the key is to make it fun and not get angry if he has an accident or fights you. Just say okay we will try again in a little bit.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2011