Box elder bugs

HOW can I get RID of the millions of box elder bugs that have decided to take up residence in my home?!!?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Home & Garden

• yep.. vacuum the nasty things. We didnt get a TON but the first time I saw one I freaked out because I am from Washington state and we dont have them there that I know of.. I thought it was a roach! My husband had to calm me down and get someone to explain to me that they are common and everyone gets them.. and that they arent roaches, lol

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 12:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Seriously, the bug guy told me to just vacuum them up. They don't really hurt anything and they only come around in the fall to breed.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• omg I hate those things! We had a shitload outside last year! Yeah, you can vacuum them inside, or if they are in your garden like ours were, you just douse them with soapy water.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Vacuuming is what I heard as well, and it's definitely the cleanest way to get rid of them!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Kewl, thanks girls!! I have to laugh when my 6 & 8 yr old DD's call them box builder bugs!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2008