Does a lawyer have necessary info about your directives if something happens 2 U?

My sister died five weeks ago. She left no information about what she wanted done. All the things she had set aside for each one of us, the two daughters split between them and sold it on Craig's List for the money. They broke into her house & took over 1,000 pain pills, the money she had on her (under her breast) and all her good clothes & jewlery (right off her fingers!) It was sick. They spent 5 hours going through her place before they called the police. Because she had no directives, they also got the money out of her bank! So ladies, let this be a warning what can happen to you. The girls are in their 30's.
Plz make sure someone outside the family, like a lawyer, has a copy of your living will. This way if someone takes something the ppl it was meant for have a leg to stand on. Also, If you have children involved, you'll what them to go with the ppl you choose! If you have finances, put someones name on the account you want to give it to. That way they don't have to go through probate. Of course, don't tell them. Just have it written in the will. Hope this helps!

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 8:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• My DH and I have wills that we made when our kids were little. We update them when need be.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yes we have a Will. I am sorry to hear you lost your sister. Their behavior was horrid.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yes. I am so sorry about your sister.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 4:17 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i would go beat their asses.......but thats just me................
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 7:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2011