sharp pain

Ok not sure how to explain this but every now and the I will get a sharp pain in my left side. Its mainly in my pelvic region and right under the curve of my belly but only on the left. Nerves?

KateHicks

Asked by KateHicks at 9:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it. Baby probably hit a nerve. I use to get those a lot with my last pregnancy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• round ligament pain--just went to e.r. for it, its the uterus stretching. i was sooo nervous something was terribly wrong but turns out to be totally normal. i felt like someone was sticking a knife in pelivs, it was terrible. doc says it is most common during weeks 14-22 but can happen really anytime. she showed me some ways to relieve it, like pulling your knee up as far as a comfortable and just trying to walk it out. good luck, i know it SUCKS
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'm 35 weeks if that makes a diff.
    KateHicks

Comment by KateHicks (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Probably just round ligament pain and stretching. You can get it any time in pregnancy really.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 10:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• agree with previous posts... definately ligaments. i went through it too. Its almost over mama!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yea what everyone else said . My twins are keeping me soaking in the tub all the random pains are really gettin to me.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011