What type of camera do you have?

Do you like it ? Does it take good pics? and about how much did it cost?
I know this doesn't really belong in babies, but i thought i might more responses from mom of babies since we like to take pics. I am wanting a new camera can't decide what to get

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a big DSLR (Canon 40D) and a little point and shoot. I have a FujiFilm 30fd and I looooove it. But the newer versions (I have heard) aren't as awesome as it was. I got it because it takes better then average indoor shots. Almost all little point and shoots will take decent outdoor pictures, but it was the random pictures of the kids inside -- first steps, silly faces, etc -- that I was getting blurry and annoyed.  There is a huge range in what you can pay, I've been looking for a new one for myself..   Two websites that are great for reviews:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/default.htm

http://www.dpreview.com/

You can also look at Cnet, but I tend to feel like a place that specialises in cameras compares better then CNET which does every electronic.  Good luck!

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I just have a regular old digital camera. It's a Polaroid brand and it's orange. (it comes in several other colors too) I think it's 7 mega pixels maybe more, its not right in front of me. I love it and I've never had a problem with it. The only thing I do not like is that it takes regular AA batteries and that can get expensive.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 5:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Oh and I think it takes GREAT pics and I think it as around $100 or $150 I don't remember it was a Valentine's Day present.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 5:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I believe it's a Canon Digital Elph, and I love it! It's got tons of little tools and things you can apply, but also is very simple to use for standard things. It can be switched to video as well, which I've been using ALL the time lately, as our little guy is starting to do things! The battery has a long-life and recharges pretty quickly, and it takes the standard SD memory cards that most cameras do. My sister-in-law and mother-in-law also got the same camera and have had no complaints! I can't say enough good things about it, really, it's one of the best purchases I've made; we use it every day!

We got our's at Target, and I think it was close to $300 at the time (we used wedding gift cards, so I'm not sure what it really cost), but I think it's under $200 now...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2008