did the ultasound for the gender of your baby come out being correct?

Just curious how accurate are the ultrasound test when they check for the gender. They said were having a girl cause the doc saw the labia but has anyone ever had one then it come out wrong? Or did the ultasound for the gender of your baby come out being correct?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes, girl
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• both times I was told it was a boy 100% and both times it was
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It was ALWAYS correct for me. Same with my best friends US and my cousins kids too. The majority of the time they are right. But there is always a chance.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Both of our US's were 100% correct... you couldn't miss the penis on our son, and the doc was 100% on our DD, but I couldn't see it!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• we were 3 for 3, but my hubby has seen alot of patients where the ultrasound was wrong. but i am not sure if their experience was based on a guess because the position was wrong, or if there was a clear view of the genitals and it still was wrong.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Our ultrasound was correct. After the doctor told us the sex, i asked how many times she had been wrong. She wasnt too thrlled with the question but she had been wrong once in 16 years of being an OBGYN.
    jnhill

Answer by jnhill at 9:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I've heard of them coming out wrong before but mine were very obvious all three times, even to me. But they were all boys.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• yes
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• yes they are pretty accurate
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Both of mine were right. The doctor printed out a picture of their labia each time.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2011