Pagans and Witches

Pagans and Witches worship nature and the God/Goddess thereof.
Nature includes things like tornadoes, hurricanes and floods. All of these things kill thousands of people every year. How can you worship something that kills so many?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Religious Debate

• and so many people have started wars and killed in the name of god, so whats your point?
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• How can you worship something that kills so many? [anon]

Hello! Have you bothered to read the Bible? Especially the Old Testament?? Ever heard of Noah and the Great Flood??? Sodom and Gomorrah?? 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I could wast time explaining how Nature encompuses the good with the bad, the ill with the merry...but the OP obviously is incapable of understanding such a concept and just wants to play the victim so instead I'll just get my pesticide.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• And God allows innocent children to get cancer, die in car accidents, get raped and painfully killed. Everything happens for a reason, no matter what you believe in. I'm not Wiccan, I am Christian, but still, this should be a question for all realigions. No matter what we believe in, bad and unfair things happen.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 9:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• God is both ... read the Bible. Shows it plain and clear that God is both vengeful and loving. 

Oh and for the record, not all Pagans worship Nature, nor do all witches. You do understand that "Pagan" is an umbrella term for ANY religion that is not Jewish, Christian or Islamic, right? 

If you are going to try and insult people, at least learn what the term means first. You might actually get somewhere, but I doubt it. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• There is a big difference between reverance & worship.

The "murderous" capacity in nature, in no way detracts from it's worth. It does what it does & there is nothing wrong with that. Death is a part of life. I'm comfortable with that.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Nature became our home and we are rapidly destroying it every single day. It needs revenge!
    Anonymous

• I think everybody needs a snack and a nap.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 9:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think the main difference is, pagans and witches don't claim that nature loves us, while it's killing us.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Sweetie you are being willfully stupid. Not ignorant, plain out stupid. Let me try to explain this (will type slowly for you) PAGAN IS AN UMBRELLA TERM FOR MANY DIFFERENT RELIGIONS. Those that DO worship nature are only one part and not really a big part.

As I pointed out in the first sentence ... God is both. Try reading a Bible. Whoops! That may make you a believer in something! Can't have that now can we. You did claim to be an Atheist, right?

If you are referring to MY posts, you might want to go back and read and see that I believe in God. You are only making a ridiculous ass out of yourself. Oh, but I guess you're not because you are cowardly hiding behind the "anonymous" tag.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011