Period at 7??

My daughter had a bloodstain in her pants, like definitely a bloodstain. Is this likely to be her period or what? She's not developed at all and is very small for age, so is it likely to be something completely unrelated, and if so what?

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 4:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• did she fall my friend got hers at 9 but ask her or goto the dr,..
    Anonymous

• take her to the dr.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 4:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Talk to the doctor. I've heard that if your child uses the nebulizer alot when they are young they may start their period at an earlier age, I'm not sure how true this is though.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I was either 9 or 10 when I got mine, can't remember exactly. I'd THINK that 7 is too young for a period, but you never know. I'd check with her DR and make sure it's nothing other than just her first period.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 4:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It could be. She also could have broken her hymen.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Seven sounds very young, especially if she's not starting to develop and is small for her age. If it was me, I would take her to her doctor, or call the doctor for advice.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 5:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• well, it's possible...the world record youngest mom was 6 years old. yes, she had had her period.

definitely get her to a doc. it could be several things. don't just assume it's period though.
    Anonymous

• Please check this out with a doctor ASAP. I do not want to scare you but you want to rule out any inappropriate encounters at school, etc.
    MomsArePeople

Answer by MomsArePeople at 5:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I'd be worried that someone is doing something. Take her to the doctor for peace of mind. That's terribly early but not entirely impossible.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My grandma started hers at 8
    jaysmommy08

Answer by jaysmommy08 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008