How do you let things go?

I am in serious need of some help on learning how to let things go, i wanted to know if anyone has this problem and has maybe read a book that has helped. It's about getting over things that my boyfriend has done in the past and recently. I really love him and want to make it work but need to get over some things thankx

brooklynjean07

Asked by brooklynjean07 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• When you find this answer message me please. I have that same issue big time and I don't know how to control the feelings.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i am dealing with this too just let it go
    elle2hot4u

Answer by elle2hot4u at 4:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Well, I think you get over things in 2 main steps. First, you need to feel secure. You need to understand why things happened the way that they did, and you need to have a reason to believe that history will not repeat itself. Second, you need to find a greater purpose in what happened, a reason why you are glad that it happened. Maybe it taught you something valuable about yourself or your relationship. Maybe it brought you closer together.

If he screwed up big time, apologized and promised never to do it again, but that's it, well, then you are going to have a very hard time letting it go and moving forward in your relationship. And that would make you a normal healthy human being.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• learn to forgive and if you can't u need to move on. somethings are easier forgiven than others. if it is small things you should think about the pros and cons. In my opinion, cheating, beating and verbal abuse are big no no's and you can't just let things okay with this but other things aren't worth it to hold on to.
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I hate being told to let something go. If I could just let it go I would. Trying to forget somethin isn't easy, I guess with alot of practice of putting it out of your mind, forcing yourself to stop thinking about it every time it pops into your head, may eventually work.
    Anonymous

• If you are convinced that it won't happen again, then you could forgive. I'm not sure that forgetting is the way to go, but perhaps the memory will help you know that he is only human and you will love him all the more.

Answer by Bmat at 5:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• ...eh...tell me when you find something but one day i may need ot know how. that works...lol for now i refuse to let things go.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 6:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2008