How do you feel about milk?

After researching "milk" I've got a whole new opinion about it. Have you done any real research and what have you concluded?

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Health

• You know they have to keep the cow pregnant once a year so she keeps making milk. I did research on it and was really grossed out and upset but I also researched soy milk and that really mess with the kids hormones and fertility and should only be used in severe milk allergies. My chldren still drink milk though... just not a whole lot of it. I nursed my son until he was 11 months and then put him on formula until he turned two.
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 1:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Milk is Good! Pass it on!
    Anonymous

• my kids drink milk i drink milk my husband drinks milk. i don't think i want to do research on it. I wouldn't want to know what ive really been drinking yuck!
    Anonymous

• It's really not the best source of calcium.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Everything in moderation.
    JohnnyCakes

Answer by JohnnyCakes at 1:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Breastfeeding is the best but if you can't then organic milk or formula is the next best thing. I just put my kids on milk after a 1 yrs old.
    MJarrell2468

Answer by MJarrell2468 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• What kind are you talking about?
    cubby15

Answer by cubby15 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I have never researched it. We eat it on cereal almost daily.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I researched it too. And cannot drink it. It makes me gag. We switched to soy.
    ph0xdlady

Answer by ph0xdlady at 2:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I haven't researched it yet but we switched Zac to organic milk about 2 months ago. He LOVES milk so we figured since he drinks so much of it, we'd switch to something without all the antibiotics and growth hormones.
    ZacsMom

Answer by ZacsMom at 3:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2008