What are the odds of getting pregnant when your birth control messes up?

Ok.. here is the deal. I was on a birth control called necon and between it and my seizure medicine it wasn't working right so my obgyn put me on femcon and gave a 3 months worth of samples. Well then she gave me a prescription for it after a pap smear and I went to go get it filled and they gave me my old kind ( I still had refills on the old kind) and I didn't know. Well I stopped taking the birth control for about a week and a half until I could get everything worked out and now I've been taking it exactly right, but I was still off it for a little while.. I'm supposed to get my period tomorrow but I'm sort of worried. Does anyone know they chance I could have gotten pregnant? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well your chance is high b/c you are very fertile the second you come off bc. I took my pill every day but missed 3 day??? I got preggers !!
    Anonymous

• 50/50 I really don't think you should be worried, but I don't know your body. If you tend to ovulate later or have longer cycles then chances are better.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• There is a chance you could have gotten pregnant. Any time your bc isn't taken correctly there is a chance.
    (This doesn't pertain to you) Antibiotics lessens the effectiveness of your bc as well. It always stuns me when people say they didn't know that! They (the dr.) should also inform there patients of this when they start bc and when they are perscribed an antibiotic!
    Anonymous

• even while on B/C there is a chance of getting pregnant. If for some reason your period doesnt come with in a week id say take a test but you probably dont got much to worrie about. Becareful what kind of other medication you take becuz some of it can interfear with your B/C and make it not work as well meaning you can come up pregnant even if takin it everyday.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It is a good chance your not. But be careful anyways always use a back up plan.
    MommytoKandon

Answer by MommytoKandon at 8:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008