At what age can babies start drinking juice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Around 8 months, dilute it, ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I had the same question ! lol
    jenniedsh

Answer by jenniedsh at 9:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I've always heard it isn't recommended for a year and then at least half water.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 10:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I heard that its one of the worst things you can give a baby or toddler because its bad for their teeth. I haven't even thought about giving it to my 13 month old.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i started at 8 months 1oz juice and the rest of the sippy is water! i wouldnt of started it at all but my hubby went out and bought some and just had to try it! i only give it to her once a week if that!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Not in the first year at all. There is no need for juice, ever. In the first year, the only liquids babies should have are breastmilk/formula, and after 6 months, they can have some water if they want it, but their main nutrition and fluids should come from their breastmilk/formula.
    If you want them to have fruit, feed it to them. Juice is inferior to fruit. No one needs juice, but especially NOT babies.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 1:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2011