What do you do when the power goes out?

We lost power for a couple of hours tonight, ham sandwiches and avacado for dinner lol!
I put a dvd in the laptop and we were good!

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 10:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I bought a few yrs back some Coleman lanterns that have LED lights in them. Best 20 bucks I ever spent. We also have a wood burner, so I have heat, and can warm water. I have a gas stove so I can light it with a match if need be. So really other than having to watch tv on the lap top, we are pretty set. Now if I can find a way to keep the house cool in the summer when the air is out,....but we do have a pool so that is an option lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• light some candles and flashlights and make sandwiches and bundle up. kinda make a indoor camping trip out of it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• back up generator from y2k lol...
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 10:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Wow come to think of it I've never experienced a power outage as an adult lol. The few times it has gone out here was either in the middle of the night while we were sleeping or during the day while we were at work. I guess we'd do what you did!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• grab flashlight cuddle next to son since hes petrified of the dark and watch amovie netflix on computer
    ilovemyaj

Answer by ilovemyaj at 10:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Watch dvds on our computers until all 3 laptops were dead. Then if it was winter I would be going to a hotel. If it were not cold out then we would just read by candlelight and play games.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Geez we always have power shortages. Since we are on a well I usually start up the generator, otherwise there is no water, grab some candles and flashlights. I have a gas cook top so I can cook and we usually read or play board games.
    momofne

Answer by momofne at 10:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We light candles and call the power company. If it's gonna be a long dark spell, we play board games. I don't think we've ever had more than an hour without power during waking hours. (Knock on wood) :-\
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• If it not cold in the house we play flash light wars and with his toys on the wall since they get bigger. If it is cold I make a tent in front of the fireplace and then roast marshmallows while read most of his books. My son goes to sleep in the dark really quick and me and husband usually just reminisce.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 11:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We haven't had a power outage in years...booooooo...it would be nice to have no tv on for a little while. lol
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2011