Three Baby Showers??

My hubby and I live in CT and have a few friends here but not tons! My hubby's family is huge and they all live around and in DE. My family is small and are all from FL.
My husband thinks we should have three baby showers. A co'ed one for him and myself and my small family just so I can be with them and have a bit of a vacation in FL. Then one in DE where his entire family would be, which would probably the "biggest" shower, or the main one and women only. And then, finally, closer to my due date (cause I would have to have other two early due to traveling purposes) I would have one for friends and coworkers which would be a co'ed shower as well as a get together just to see friends. Cause we are new to CT some of our friendships aren't going far back so it would be a good way to keep in touch, etc.

Is this unusual?? I feel like people would be like WTF? I mean I hate attention and surprises so I've requested to be included on plans for shower. But three? It's overwhelming to me. However I don't want to shaft any friends or family... Does anyone have any experience with more than one shower? Does it seem excessive, greedy, redundant? Should I just say I draw the line at two and friends/coworkers should just travel?

Charmasina

Asked by Charmasina at 10:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is very unusual, most people have one and just stick with it though I can see why you would do one in FL with family that owuldn't be able to make it to the bigger shower where you live.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would say stick with the first two as actual showers..and the one for just friends and co workers..have it just a get together/ celebration and not to ask for gifts unless they want to bring one..but it is not necessary..or yea it might come across as greedy..You'll probaly get alot of gifts from your and ur hubby's family anyways.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i had 3 showers!! one for co workers and friends, one for hubby's family and one for my family! our families are huge so there is no way we could do just one family shower!! i think 3 is fine! i got a lot of the same things tho. so be ready to return stuff!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Thanks! That's what I was thinking. I actually would prefer all showers to be gift optional but people get mad at me for that. I really hate surprises, attention, gifts..... @.@
    Charmasina

Comment by Charmasina (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Wow! I'm jealous! I'm not even getting one lol
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 10:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I was thrown 3 with each of my children.

DD
    BS#1- My best friend and mom threw me one
    #2- My Step mom threw one for me because the two sides of the familiy didn't get along and couldn't attend one shower
    #3- My church threw me a shower

DS #1- My best friend threw me a REALLY NICE shower with a sit down meal, flower center pieces, etc. VERY LOVELY!!
    #2- My Church threw me and my sister (we were due 2 days apart) a double shower themed for 4th of July since that's when I was due!!
    #3- DH's work did a shower for us

I think as long as somone else is throwing them for you it's not a big deal.

It's a celebration!! Everyone wants to celebrate baby!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• That's kind of how my family is Caroline.

For birthday parties, showers, etc. we have a MINIMUM of 30 guests because that's JUST family. That doesn't include friends, co-workers, etc.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I hear of people having multiple showers all the time. I never had any with any of my 5 kids. No one ever thought to throw me one.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• As long as different people are at each party, that s why i had 3
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yea we are going to have to have 2 or 3 this time because his family and my family want to throw one . His office is planning one for us because we are having twins and my mother is no where near us. I think multiple showers are fine if the group would be too large for one place and all different people are coming. I do not want 3 myself but know that I have to allow others to give me something to share with me and my family during this special time.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011