anyone try massage/pressure points to go into labor?

Anyone try it and have success? How soon did it happen? I had an hour massage and she hit my pressure points...I don't feel any different yet so just curious. My hopes not up!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 10:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No I didn't but I have heard it can work but you have to be within days of going on your own anyways
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• lol i did but it didnt work! i pretty much forced my hubby to have sex with me everyday for a week and then i went into labor!! good luck!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I did and it didn't work BUT my doula did it DURING LABOR to move things along when they stalled and it HELPED A LOT!

One of my BFF's Aunt is a massage therapist for a hospital and she came to do the pressure points and massages during her labor. Helped her a lot too!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• no
    Drayad

Answer by Drayad at 11:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Labor starts when the baby is READY and not before. In fact, it could be harmful to your baby to force labor to start before it io\s time. WHY do so many Moms here want to have so much CONTROL? Let labor start all on its own and be patient/. It is not all about YOU. It is about the baby. So what of you are uncomfortable and want to get it over with. JUST wait! Massage and pressure points? HA. DOes she have a Medical degree?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011