induce labor by foods?

Can you induce labor by eating certain foods or doing certain things? If so what are they?

Asked by KateHicks at 10:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I doubt it. And don't rush it. Don't try to "induce" labor. If the baby is not ready, you should not force it. You is NOT all about YOU. It is about the BABY!

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Check out this website:

This resturant GUARENTEES that women will go into labor within 48 hours of eating their Eggplant Parmesan.

The recipe is posted on their site. Many women swear by it!!

If it doesn't work it sure tastes AMAZING...I've had it for non-labor purposes. :)

Eat a HUGE helping for dinner, have sex, put 5 EPO capsules on your cervix before bed, have left overs for breakfast and lunch (if you aren't already in labor), take a long walk and wait for'll be in labor in no time!!

• I ate spicey chicken from chineese pick up place on the day before my due date right after I ate it I went right into labor haha .

Answer by jenniedsh at 10:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I ate greesy pizza with my son, greesy hamberger with my daughter, and greesey chicken with my last daughter lol...
    my friend made "labor cookies" and they worked lol they are really spicy

Answer by Sarah26 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I read up online w/ my 2nd that pineapples will induce labor, but you would have to eat A LOT of them lol. I looooove pineapples tho. Google things like ''how to naturally induce labor'' or ''foods to induce labor'' Sex certainly induces labor, or atleast helps thats 4 sure!

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

Oh my god.....

• A British woman at my church swears by hot English raspberry tea.

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I know having sex and swallowing cum will help do the trick!

Answer by Drayad at 11:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I heard you can drink castor oil, but you have to drink a lot. My friend said it worked for her.

I would try other methods than food like: sex, nipple stimulation, walking a lot (I chose cleaning).

Nipple stimulation is supposed to work the best...I

Answer by TitusMom7 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• NOTHING is garunteed. Know that going into this. You cannot put your faith into these wive's tales even if some have worked for others. It is never a garuntee.

Sex - The seaman softens the cervix and orgasms use the same muscles and have been known to trigger contractions.

Pineapple - Not sure why, but it's recently been said to be one.

Spicy Foods - It gets the blood flow going and can trigger labor.

Primrose Oil - Not sure the reasoning for that one.

Camamile Tea - All Natural.

Ginger Tea - All natural.

Long walks - Helps bring the baby down. Helps open the cervix.

Squats - Helps open the cervix and pelvic area. Helps seperate the hips. And helps bring baby down.

Pregnancy safe Pilates - Same reason as squats.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011