Are there classes avaliable to show exactly what it would be like to be a teen mother?

Looking for resources sort of a reality check my sister just turned 17 and is prego, she thinks being pregnant & having a child is a cake walk, & that it will keep the guy she is with around. So i think it would be good to give her a realty check let her experience how hard it really is talk to other teens is that same predicament. She is getting straight F's any who let me know if you know any websites or resources available thanks in advance!

Marie_07

Asked by Marie_07 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• not that i know of... but she can come babysit my kids and see how it is lol my cousin was a teen mom... and she said it was the hardest thing she has ever done... now she is 28 with a 12 year old~
    Sarah26

Answer by Sarah26 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It's the teen brain.. Reality will set in once the baby is born. Nothing short of doing it on her own at 2am will give her a clue how tough it can be.. Just let it go and help her when she needs you..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Unfortunately there is no classes, no tv show's no nothing to show what's it's like to be a teen mom. (16 & pregnant and teen mom are some sh%t when it comes to showing wat its like) Because every teen's situation is different. I have plenty of friends who got prego before me and are still w/ there baby daddy's, happily living in there own home, great jobs blah blah blah, but my situation isn't so ideal, got prego at 17, had my first at 18, now i'm a single 21 year old mother with 2 beautiful girls. But anon is right, babies ARE a beautiful thing, and God makes everything happen for a reason weither you understand it or not. I wouldn't so much stress that being a TM is hard, I would more so stress AFTER having the baby! talk to her about birth control, because it's SO easy to get pregnant again. And by all means, my ex bf and I were together 4 years, and now he's gone ''/ ... a baby doesn't make him stay!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I am not trying to talk her into anything just trying to make sure she knows what its really going to be like to be a parent & i believe it is wrong to have a child just to keep a guy around,i understand what your saying but if she doesnt step up & care for this child no one will.
    Marie_07

Comment by Marie_07 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• At knicole0708 i know all too well what its like i am also a single mother i am not casting judgment just wish she would quit living in this fantasy world & like you said a baby wont guarantee that a guy would stick around

Marie_07

Comment by Marie_07 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I understand, most teens think it's cool or fun to have a baby until reality sets in. My ex-best friend swore she wanted to have a baby, and although a baby is a blessing, I had to talk her out of it. She said she was ready, but even a married couple sometimes isn't ready for the ''burdon'' of a child. I love my kids and wouldn't trade it for the world, wouldn't take nothing back. As far as your sister, I would just support her as much as you mentally can, I know ur disappointed, but whats the worst that can happen now, right? =( Don't worry, she will be crying to her older sis once she leaves that hospital with her newborn and is at home, it wont b a fantasy no longer lol.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I am trying to be supportive but she is not ready for crying out loud she conceived in a local park while ditching class, i have to tell her to wash her clothes, get up and shower, to eat, to wake up for school, everything is on me so this child would be taken care of by me & i cant and wont do it i have two children of my own idk i guess i am stuck between a rock & a hard place....

Marie_07

Comment by Marie_07 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No teen is ever ready.. They all have to be told to somethings sometimes. I understand your frustrations but enabling her is not helping her grow up and take responsibility.. Shes 17, who cares if she showers or not.. pick your battles.. Once she starts smelling and getting picked on or hear things people say.. That will stop.. Sometimes tough love is what it takes.. I am not saying turn your back on her either...

She will grow up quick when the baby comes or she will lose it. When the baby comes and she cares for it, that is all that matters, the rest will fall into place.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• There's always the "Baby think it over" Doll.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Its her body, her decision. I hope you are certainly NOT trying to talk her into abortion, or adoption.
    She needs to figure this out on her own. It may be sad for you to watch, but in reality, it is her life.

Stay out of it. To be frank. Sorry your going through this, but babies can be a wonderful thing.
    If God didn't want this to happen, it wouldn't of. God bless you!
    Anonymous