How to get my dd to take breast milk out of a sippy cup?

my dd is 11 months old and i would like to switch her to taking breast milk out of a sippy cup! she will drink water out of a sippy cup but i put some of my milk in it and she just takes a sip and hands it back to me like she doesnt want it! but if i put it in a bottle she drinks it in like 30 seconds flat! i Exclusively pump all my milk so she has taken a bottle since a few weeks old! help?

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She associates breast milk with the bottle. That is your challenge since she will drink water from a cup. She thinks that water is supposed to come from a cup, not milk. Try putting water in the bottle and milk in the cup to see if she gets the difference.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• she has taken water from a bottle before just once when she was sick and didnt know how to take a sippy right yet! but i will give that a try! thanks!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think this is a common problem for a lot of moms! Try offering the sippy cup when you would offer the bottle - when she's hungry or asking for milk. If she fusses and wants the bottle, I'd put water in it and see what she does. You could also try offering it at obscure times so it's not disrupting her normal routine if that's the problem.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 11:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think you will just have to keep offering, and it will probably take some time.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2011