potty tranning

My dd is 13 months old i just bought her a potty but i am not sure if i am going to start yet. at what age did you start and did it work?

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• DD potty trained at 24 months, once we stopped putting pull ups on her at night she quit wetting herself at night. DS on the other hand is 29 months still wears pull ups at night because he sleeps so deep at night it doesn't wake him up.
    unbrokenhellmus

Answer by unbrokenhellmus at 10:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• At 2 but my DD is 2 1/2 and still wears diapers!!! She just flat refuses to do in the potty (most of the time). She has a few times but for the most part we just keep asking and keep showing and hope she just does it one day soon!!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• 15 months, DD - worked fine
    16 months, DS - worked fine

I will start around 15-16 with my other 2 babies also.
    Its all about repetition.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I personally think 13 months is too early, but every kid is different. You have to wait until she's ready, showing signs she's interested! I do think just having the potty present before you start actual training does help them become more comfortable with it all... good luck!
    amygoetsch

Answer by amygoetsch at 1:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Right around the age of 2 for both of my children. 13 months is early in my opinion too.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think that it is never to early to start! Just start taking her to the bathroom with you when you need to go, and just have her sit on the potty. Just get her used to going in there, sitting down, and then let her know what you are doing... Mommy is going pee pee. If she takes an interest in doing it herself at this age, there is no harm in trying. If she refuses, just have her sit there when you go for a while and try again.
    You never know what your baby may be capable of if you don't give them a chance to try. Good luck to you!!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2011