Wiccans/Witches

Do you practice witchcrafts? Do they actually work? Of course I'm not expecting to cast a spell and make a chair fly accross the room, but does your magick work? How do you know when it works?

I am new to this and I don't know how long I am supposed to wait to see results or give up..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not a wiccan, but I do practice the craft. Spells are not instant fix its, nor are they to be used to ask for something and then sit back. You can use them for guidance, to help you on to the correct path, to commune with the gods in the hopes that they may help you.. .but, you have to be willing to help your self and remember to give thanks after
    As I said, it is not instant. Some can happen fairly quickly, others could take months or years.
    Though, it sounds as if you are just looking for a quick fix.. the elements, the gods and nature work on their own time, not yours.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Not a witch-don't practice but it sounds a bit like prayer- there are things you can expect and things you can not expect to be able to be "granted". I think the best answer if from the above comment -the elements, the gods and nature work on their own time, not yours.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Unlike the magick in the Harry Potter movies--or any Hollywood version--real magick is not instantaneous. I am an air sign and have found a spell that enables me to summon clouds--or make them move elsewhere. I just have to be able to see clouds on the horizon. They usually come within 2 hours! I moved a snowstorm out of our area that was supposed to go all night! I have done spells for healing that take from overnight to several days, depending on the ailment. I have done spells for money that worked within 24 hrs (for small amounts) to NEVER (still trying to get Publishers Clearing House to my door with that big 10 million dollar check!!!!). A standard within witchcraft is if it hasn't worked within 3 months, then you need to do it again.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• For me, it depends on what I'm doing and how much personal energy I put into it. I did a healing for a friend in an emergency, did it the WRONG way, he got better within 3-4 hours and I spent 3 weeks with bronchitis. (Side note: healing should pull energy from the EARTH, not MYSELF... DUH!)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• ^^^What they said.^^^

PLUS

Did you do your homework?
    Are you doing THE work?
    Did you consider ALL possible outcomes of your spell?
    Did you word it EXACTLY?
    Is the spell to do any harm? (Are you sure?)
    How long have you been waiting?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have been practicing for years and the most important part to remember is that things have their own way of coming to fruition. Say you do a spell to "get thin"..you might just end up with a stomach virus that ravishes your body and you lose 10 pounds. Or say "I want to be rich" and a family member dies and leaves you money. For example, I did a spell for prosperity a few months back and we keep finding things like a check in my husbands wallet that he never cashed (state taxes from last year) or his 401k he cashed out, sent him a check for interest in 2010. They work but in mysterious ways.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 11:34 AM on Jan. 14, 2011