Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How to get away from boyriend

I met my boyfriend in sept 2008 an got pregnant the first month i was with him. We stayed together for our son. Since then, I have gotten to know the real side of him. I had great credit and a nice car. He was nice and wanted me to stay home with the kids (had my second sept 2010) he said he would pay my car payment and credit cards since he was using them too. So I quit my job. He paid them for about 3 months then stopped. My credit got ruined and car repossessed because I was not working,couldnt find a babysitter and had no money. He has slapped me once and choked me in front of his other two kids. I want out. This is my fault for staying, I realize this so please dont bash me. I want to leave and take my children but have nowhere to go, no car, no job and no money. Ineed help, please offer any advice!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • Look into your community resources especially churches, file for a restraining order immediately get the hell away from him!


    Answer by Marie_07 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • Check your phone book for an abuse hotline. It'll be a free call and they'll be able to help get you out of there. It's not your fault that he hits you and chokes you. It's NEVER your fault. Get out now.

    Answer by Kerrigan357 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • It's hard to find resources when we don't know where you live but I totally understand wanting to stay anonymous in this situation. Can you do a search for local shelters? Is there ANYONE, a friend, family member, friend of a friend that you could contact and ask if you could stay with them for a little while? If you walk into any hospital ER or police station, I'm pretty sure they HAVE to help you. Find the nearest Salvation Army and they will help you. Can you call the police non-emergency number and explain that you're trying to get out of an abusive relationship but have no transportation? Good luck, sweetie!

    Answer by EwansMommy at 10:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • Please call information and get the number to a domestic violence shelter. They're not as bad as people think. i had to go to one with my son, they gave us a nice apartment, a full refrigerator,carfare to wherever we had to go and help me look for a job. They are very helpful,especially if you're in a domestic violence situation,please do this for you and your children,with GOD'S help, you'll pull thru this,believe me. I did.

    Answer by mrs2323 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • If your boyfriend did all that, it's time to let go, don't stay in abuse relationship, because of the kids, some men stay with a woman, because she have good credit, nice home, and nice car, so they can depend on her and her things, and they got some men don't want to see a woman have anything. I will give any woman a good advice, and that advice will be get out of the relationship, start rebuilding your career, go and find a job, and don't give up if you don't get the first job, don't ever talk down about yourself, always say good thing about yourself, go to a church, that you think that will be good for you and your kids, some time as women, we don't need men, who going to beat on us in front of our kids, and kids don't like to see their mom get beat on by their boyfriend or daddy, if he loves you and the kids, he want beat on you in front of them, you as a woman, you know what to do; otherwise, I wish you good luck.

    Answer by jgranvill64 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • there is always help out there you just have to find the strength out there i know i just went through a bad break up myself and i have 4 kids so you can do it
    Wanda S.

    Answer by Wanda S. at 11:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • I agree, get out while you are still alive. Try a local woman's shelter.

    Answer by spottedpony at 11:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • You can get into a shelter. You can also try for family or friend's houses. Don't rule out your options, just seek out the best available one. Try for government assistence as well to help you get on your feet. Possibly government housing.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • Do you have any friends or family you can go to? At least temporarily? Go to social services and see if you can get some help.Most importantly, get a restraining order.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.